n Bacolod, several Restaurant have Chili Cheese Fries on their Menu. The only ones I tried were at Buffalo’s Wings n’ Things but they are out of business. Their Chili Cheese Fries were good.
Chili is much more than a Bowl of Chili. There are Chili Dogs, Chili Burgers, Chili Hash Browns, Chili Mac, which is mixed with Macaroni and Sonic has their famous Frito Chili Pie. I think most Americans have tried all those dishes at one time or another during their lifetimes.
I sometimes serve Chili over Spaghetti and add a Boiled Egg on top. This will get your Motor Running! Adding the Boiled Egg is something I do but not the common Recipe. Chili over Spaghetti is…Skyline Chili and popular in Cincinnati.
Did I mention Chili Dogs? The Chili Dog is my favorite Hot Dog, beyond compare. The Frankfurter, add Chili, top with Shredded Cheddar Cheese if you like but for sure…top with lots of Raw Onions!
Best Chili Recipe
I know this is what you have been waiting for! Gringo Gary’s Best Chili Colorado…
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (1 pound)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Chili Colorado has nothing to do with the State of Colorado. Nada! Chili Colorado is Mexican Style Chili and Colorado means..Red Color.
Enjoy my Chili Colorado! It is Chili today and Hot Tamale!
I hope to see you one day, somewhere…all around Bacolod.
~ Gary ~